I was at PCC a few weeks ago, and noticed 100% Grass Fed Lamb. I’ve never cooked with lamb before, but I remembered seeing a recipe in Everyday Paleo for lamb burgers. Thank goodness for smart phones, I looked up the ingredients, dreamed up some sides to accompany the lamb, and headed home to start cooking. These are so good. I’ve now made them 4 times, served them to company 3 times, and generally just love them. The fresh mint pairs with the lamb perfectly. And the spices mixed in do not disappoint. They are so flavorful! And any meat that can be grilled is my fav way to go – less dishes, more delicious. I also recently learned of an amazing Greek salad dressing, which I will share soon. These patties are perfect with a salad and some grilled mushrooms and olives. Oh, and we eat these without a bun, and don’t make any dipping sauces for them – but a tzatziki sauce would be perfect with them!
- 1 pound 100% grass-fed ground lamb (this is a great one for leftovers – I usually double everything!)
- 1/2 cup red onion, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 1 egg
1. Combine everything in a large bowl and mix until combined.
2. Form into patties. I usually get about 10 burgers, but prefer them on the smaller side.
3. Grill over medium heat for 3-4 minutes, then flip and allow to cook for 3-4 minutes longer. They cook quick, especially if you make them as small as I do.
4. If you want a great side to go with these, throw some mushrooms and olives in your grill basket (you could skewer them, too) and set that on the BBQ alongside the lamb. Something about grilling those makes them even more delicious than they already are.