We go through crazy volumes of fruit in our house. I don’t know many people who don’t enjoy fruit, but it’s the one food group that all of our kids agree upon and love wholeheartedly. This fruit salad is another gem from The Joyful Kitchen ladies. I have made it the last two weekends and I love, love, love it. The addition of mint just kicks it up and makes it taste so, so fresh and delicious.
I don’t really think it matters what fruits you choose, I’ve changed it up each time and it was equally delicious.
INGREDIENTS: (for the fruit salad)
- 1 pineapple, cored and cut into bite-sized chunks
- 6 kiwis, peeled and chopped
- 3 oranges, peeled and chopped
- 1 pound of strawberries, chopped
- 1-2 mangoes, peeled and chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons of fresh mint leaves
INGREDIENTS: (for the dressing)
- Juice of two limes
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tablespoons honey (can use less depending on sweetness of fruit)
- 2 tablespoons of a lightly flavored oil (olive oil is what I used, grapeseed oil would work great, too)
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients.
- Toss gently with the fresh fruit and mint.
- Garnish with more fresh mint.