I’m about to change your life. I’m serious. This cake is like the holy grail of grain-free cake eating. I was just telling my cousin Kellen about it, and I literally told her it was the best cake of my life at least 15 times. She practically hung up on me because I was so annoying about it. I deserved that. Anywhoooooo. The cake.
So it is like the perfect base for whatever frosting your little heart desires. I’ve made it 5 times since my daughter’s birthday which was less than one month ago… I’ve done strawberry, lemon, coconut, chocolate, and maple frosting… and they were all so good. This is your basic yellow cake recipe, ready to adapt to whatever you had in mind. My awesome friend Sarah helped test the recipe, doubled it, and made a layer cake with frosting in the middle…. um, hello. Yes please. And as my BFF/cousin Kellen would say, I’d take that to the face… in a heartbeat.
What are you waiting for? Make it, eat it, and let us know what you think!! PS, it is pictured below with strawberry frosting, obvi. And do you even see the texture? I’m telling you……. amaze-balls.
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream (can use canned full-fat coconut milk if you can’t do dairy)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup Coconut Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Maldon Smoked Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350
- Whisk together eggs, cream, vanilla extract, and coconut sugar.
- In a separate bowl combine almond flour, coconut flour, salt, and baking soda and mix until combined.
- Mix dry ingredients into wet using a stand mixer. I mix for about one minute on medium speed.
- Grease the bottom and sides of an 8×8 square or round baking dish and pour batter into dish. I use Kerrygold Butter – Unsalted to grease.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Allow to cool for one hour before topping with the frosting of your choice. Might I suggest this chocolate frosting or this maple frosting? Enjoy, friends!