I’ve literally made this chicken 15 times, and each time I make it I swear it tastes better and better. Something about this flavor combination is amazing. Also, I haven’t changed a single thing from the original recipe, so I can take no credit for its deliciousness. Thanks to this lady, and her awesome food I’ve found a lot of amazing recipes. And she is hilarious. And she CrossFits. Check out her website. It will be well worth your time. And go make this chicken!
4 organic chicken breasts
1 large shallot, peeled and thinly sliced
7 medjool dates, pitted and chopped
2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 and line a large oven safe dish with parchment paper.
2. Place organic chicken breasts on parchment paper and evenly top with rosemary, shallots, and dates.
3. Combine olive oil, balsamic, and apple cider vinegar in a small bowl. Pour over chicken.
4. Cook for 25-30 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink.
One thing you will quickly learn about me is that I LOVE bacon. I can’t believe I’m admitting this publicly, but last week I ate bacon for seven meals in a row. SEVEN. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, breakfast, lunch, dinner, breakfast. Decided I should lay off for a little bit. That lasted for one day. I just can’t get enough. Anyways, this salad is my go-to side salad to accompany almost any meal. I always have the ingredients, it is super quick, and oh so tasty. I hope you enjoy this trusty little salad.
1 head of lettuce of your choice (I use red-tip lettuce)
4-6 cooked slices of organic, pastured bacon (save the fat, you’ll need it for the dressing)
1. Wash and tear lettuce into bite size pieces. Combine in bowl with chopped green onions and chopped bacon.
2. In a saucepan over low heat, melt bacon fat and add maple syrup and apple cider vinegar. Remove from heat as soon as bacon fat returns to liquid form. Allow to cool for 5 minutes, then pour over salad, toss, and serve.
*Use organic ingredients whenever possible.
Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase products through an affiliate link, your cost will be the same but Flax + Honey will receive a small commission. This helps in covering the costs to keep the site up and running. We appreciate your support!!