It was a beautiful and hot summer here in Seattle… and fall has officially arrived! And these little treats are perfection!! Best part for me is that they are quick and easy, and don’t even require baking. All you need is a food processor, Vitamix, or your favorite chopper-upper and you’re good! These keep beautifully in the fridge and then you have a cool treat packed full of yummy, good-for-you ingredients! These make about 12-16 balls or an 8×8 dish of Lara-type bars. Enjoy, friends! They are delicious and a big hit with the little ones, too.
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 12 medjool dates, pits removed
- 3/4 cup dried apple rings
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Put pecans, almonds and walnuts in the food processor and pulse until the nuts are coarse meal consistency.
- Add the pitted dates, dried apple rings, cinnamon, nutmeg, chia seeds, and salt to the ground nuts and pulse until everything is thoroughly combined and processed.
- The mixture should be sticky enough to roll into balls OR you can form them into Larabars: line an 8×8 dish with parchment paper, plop your mixture into the dish and smooth and flatten with your hand to shape the bars flat, refrigerate for a couple of hours and then cut into bars/squares once they’ve firmed up enough.
- Once formed into balls or squares, they should be kept in a covered container in the fridge.