Last week I had the privilege of spending the better part of a week with some amazing friends in beautiful Black Butte, OR. I when I say amazing, I mean it. You guys, as I was getting ready to drive 350 miles alone with two crazy toddlers, I got a text message from my friend Sarah that said “Drive safe. Pork tenderloin, grilled asparagus, salad, and a glass of wine will be ready for you when you arrive.” Amazing. Like, really. And, on top of that, they opened up their family vacation home to us and loved us like we were their own. Sarah’s parents, Nana Elaine and Papa Phil as the kids affectionately called them, treated my babies like their own grandkids and were generous, thoughtful, and kind. And the food. So good! We all pretty much eat the same grain-free, dairy-free, gluten-free diet… so vacationing with them made food stuff a breeze. A lot of times after vacation, I feel the need for a cleanse. Time to start again after weeks of eating crap. Not this time! Felt great the whole time… lots of fruits, veggies, eggs, and high quality protein. And then there was cobbler. Nana Elaine and Papa Phil tag teamed this delicious cobbler. We all waited late into the evening for it to finish baking, and it was well worth the wait. The day after I got home, I emailed Elaine for her recipe, and now I get to share it with you! I’ve made it 3 times since I’ve been home. Hope you all like it, too.
PS, did I mention this is the best summer of my life? For a lot of reasons, but mostly because of the beach. And fires by the beach. And wine by the fires by the beach. And people I love while I drink wine by the fires by the beach. K. That is all.
- 6 peaches, sliced
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 1/2 cups Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup Shredded, Unsweetened Coconut
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Maldon Smoked Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup melted Kerrygold Butter – Unsalted or Coconut Oil
(I’ve used both with great success)
- 1/4 cup 100% Pure Maple Syrup
- Gently toss sliced peaches in vanilla and lemon juice. Pour into 9×9 baking dish.
- In another bowl, combine the almond flour, pecans, coconut, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Stir until combined.
- In a saucepan, over low heat, melt either your butter or coconut oil. Stir in maple syrup.
- Pour the syrup mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir until thoroughly mixed and crumbly.
- Pour topping onto peaches and spread until it covers the peaches evenly.
- Bake in 375 degree oven for 25 minutes, or until peaches are soft and topping is golden brown. Enjoy.
- Also, be creative! Use other fruits! I added blueberries and raspberries the other night. Bomb.