These chicken fingers are amazing. They have the perfect amount of flavor and spice. And seriously you guys, the honey mustard sauce makes the meal. They don’t crisp up like traditional chicken fingers, but I don’t think you will mind. I’ve made these 6 times in the last couple of weeks… tweaking the recipe until I got it just right. Plus, I was looking for excuses to make these again… I hope you all like this as much as we do. Both my kids devour these. Let’s be honest here, my husband and I do too. How great to have a family favorite meal, but made without gluten or grains?! Enjoy, friends! Oh, and seriously – even if you don’t normally go for these non-traditional recipes, you might as well give these a try… you might be surprised just how delicious they are. Oh and one more thing, they are baked and not fried! Bonus!
INGREDIENTS: (for the chicken fingers)
- 1 pound chicken tenderloin (or breasts, cut into thin strips)
- 1 cup blanched Almond Flour
- 2 tablespoons flax meal
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Hot Paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Maldon Smoked Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- Olive oil, in a Misto Olive Oil Sprayer
INGREDIENTS: (for the honey mustard dippin’ sauce)
- 1 tablespoon homemade mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a pie dish, or another flat bowl.
- Whisk egg in a bowl.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Take one piece of chicken and coat with egg, then coat with almond flour mixture. I like to use one hand for the egg and the other hand for the dry mixture. That way I don’t end up with sticky, coated fingers.
- Place chicken on parchment, and repeat step 4 until all pieces of chicken are coated with almond flour mixture. Make sure the chicken fingers do not touch each other on the cookie sheet.
- Spray each chicken finger with olive oil, using the Misto Olive Oil Sprayer.
- Bake in 425F oven for 8 minutes. Remove from oven, flip each piece over, then spray again with olive oil. Bake for another 8-10 minutes, or until chicken reaches 180F.
- While chicken fingers are cooking, mix together all ingredients for the honey mustard sauce. Trust me. You don’t want to skip this step. These puppies are amazing dipped in this sauce.