This is another one of those duh posts, but seriously people – if you eat bacon (which you should), then this is the best way to prepare it. I’ve tried all kinds of bacon cooking methods, and for the last year or so, this is the only way I cook it. I used to get so annoyed at the messy bacon splatter all over my cooktop, and this way is completely mess free… Anyways, hope this simple little method helps you guys out – I like to make a whole pack and then stick whatever we don’t eat in the fridge…. Just about 20 seconds in a fry pan on the stove over medium heat and it is hot and ready to go for the next time. Clean up is so easy. Throw away parchment paper, and put cookie sheet back in cupboard. And lastly, this post is for my super awesome brother, whom I adore, but who has asked me no less than 100 times how to cook bacon in the oven. Here you go, bro!
- Approx 10-12 slices of organic, pastured bacon
- Preheat oven to 360F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread out bacon on cookie sheet, taking care that none of the pieces overlap.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes, or until desired crispness is achieved. Bacon preference is a very personal thing, you know.
- Take out of the oven, pour off grease into mason jar to be kept in refrigerator for later use (See Fats + Oils for reasons why we cook with bacon fat on a regular basis).