I am always on the look-out for weeknight dinner recipes that are quick and easy but also delicious enough to serve to company on the weekend if I wanted to. This one fits the bill. It’s also a one pan dinner which equals quick and easy clean-up as well.
This dish has great flavor. I love the combination of the artichoke and mushroom with the mustard vinaigrette. I hope you enjoy it, too!
- 4 organic chicken breasts (thighs/legs would do great, too)
- 1 can artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1 onion roughly chopped
- 1 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons of brown mustard
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1/2 teaspoon of Trader Joe’s 21 Seasoning Salute (If you aren’t familiar with this, it’s basically just a fabulous blend of spices – I use it for practically everything.)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Line a 13 x 9 baking dish with parchment paper. Arrange the artichokes on the bottom of the pan, place the onions next, then the mushrooms.
- Lay the chicken on top of the veggies.
- In a mixing bowl combine and mix the mustard, garlic, oil, vinegar, wine and spices. Pour this mixture over your chicken. I let mine marinate in this for about an hour before placing it in the oven, but you certainly can skip that step.
- Cook for about 45 minutes. *If your chicken pieces are on the thinner side, check your chicken for doneness around the 30 minute point, you definitely don’t want to overcook it. However, the thicker pieces may need to cook for as long as an hour.
- Serve hot and pile all the veggie goodness on top of your chicken. Hope you like it!
Pingback: Artichoke Mustard Chicken | Reliable Recipes