This post is dedicated to my super amazing friend, Nicole. Today is her 40th birthday!! She is the kindest, most thoughtful friend and I am super thankful for her in my life! She is also a vegan, thus the dedication. I brought her a dozen of these cookies this morning at the gym. She thinks they are delicious, and I bet you will too! I had a cookie like this the other day at my friend Jen made, so I tried to recreate… after quite a few test batches (too bad, we had more cookies to eat) I’m super happy with the results. We ate them all really fast here in my house. I usually go for chocolate, so the raisins were a welcomed break from all the chocolate! Enjoy!
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 tablespoon almond extract
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine dry ingredients (almond flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt) and mix until combined.
- In a small sauce pan over low heat, melt coconut oil. Add wet ingredients (syrup, almond extract, vanilla extract). Stir to combine.
- Pour wet into dry, and mix until batter thickens. I do this step in my mixer, and I let it mix for about a minute. The almond flour absorbs as it stirs, so give it a good stir.
- Fold in raisins and sliced almonds.
- Roll into balls, about ping-pong ball size. Place on parchment lined cookie sheets, bake 8-10 minutes.
- NOTE: Makes 24 cookies.