I’m always on the lookout for easy marinades for chicken. I love eating it, but sometimes get stuck in my same boring chicken routines. This recipe is easy, and freakishly good. You combine everything, throw in the chicken, let it sit for a few hours, and then grill it up. It is spicy, a bit tangy, and the chicken was so moist. Give it a try!
- 2 lbs organic chicken breasts (or thighs, whichever you prefer)
- 4 jalapenos, diced (no need to seed, unless you want less spice)
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground pepper
- Juice of one lemon
1. Combine all the above ingredients, except for the lemon juice, cover, and place in refrigerator to marinate for a minimum of 4 hours and up to 24 hours.
2. Preheat barbecue to medium-high.
3. Grill chicken for 7-10 minutes per side, or until meat thermometer inserted into middle of chicken registers 175 degrees F.
4. Remove chicken from grill and place on plate. Squeeze lemon juice over chicken, cover with aluminum foil, and allow to sit for 10 more minutes.
5. Serve, alongside side of your choice, and enjoy! We ate it with heaping piles of roasted broccoli.