Oh, sweet Lord. What IS it about frozen bananas? They are cold and refreshing, but still soft somehow. And frozen dark chocolate? Duh. It’s the best way to eat the stuff. This coming from a girl who used to eat frozen candy bars, and frozen girl scout cookies. And while I don’t eat that stuff anymore, I’m always looking for better ways to satisfy that sugar craving. Ok, and I know I’ve said this before, but I’ll say it again: the type of chocolate you eat matters! There are TONS of GMO’s lurking in most chocolates, (soy lecithin, sugar, corn syrup) so please please please find one that is 100% organic, or non-GMO project verified. Not to mention, many types of chocolate contain unnecessary food colorings and artificial flavorings. There is no sense consuming cheap chocolate full of harmful ingredients. So get some good chocolate! This recipe honestly couldn’t be any easier. And one bite of these puppies satisfied my sweet tooth, and the kid’s too. Love having these made, and ready to eat in the freezer. I’m sure I could work a bit harder and make these look a little prettier, but who honestly cares? And, can you IMAGINE putting a dollop of peanut butter under the chocolate?! Whyyyy didn’t I think of that when I was making them? Alright, go whip these suckers up…. I’m off to eat another bite…
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup chocolate (I always use 100% organic, 85% dark chocolate bar from Theo’s)
- Optional: 1/4 cup or so of peanut butter, or another nut butter.
1. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Cut the bananas into 1/2″ thick discs, and evenly distribute on cookie sheet.
3. Melt your chocolate in a small saucepan, over low heat on the stove top, stirring constantly.
4. Using a spoon, scoop melted chocolate over each banana disc so that it covers the top and drips down the sides. If I had really been on my game when I made these, I would have put a teaspoon or so of peanut butter on each banana, then spooned chocolate on top of that. You should do as I say, not as I do. And let me know how amazing it was. And I’ll be jealous.
5. Put cookie sheet in freezer for an hour or so, until chocolate is hardened and bananas are frozen.
6. Pluck each disc off the parchment paper (I had no problem getting these off the paper), eat a few, and store the rest in air tight container in the freezer. These can be consumed straight out of the freezer…. Mmmm, report back! We’d love to hear how you like em!