There is nothing quite like homemade granola. It is easy to customize, easy to make, tastier than the store-bought stuff, and something you can feel good about feeding your family. I love having control over what ingredients my family eats. I hope you will try this – I’m pretty sure we eat this every single day.
- 7 cups organic whole oats
- 4 cups sliced almonds (or any combination of other nuts you like – cashews, pecans, peanuts… You could also sub dried fruit – apricots, raisins, cherries, blueberries, etc…)
- 2 cups unsweetened, shredded coconut
- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
1. Combine oats, nuts, coconut, and seeds in a large mixing bowl. Add spices.
2. In a skillet over low to medium heat melt honey, butter, coconut oil, and vanilla until combined.
3. Pour wet ingredients over dry, and stir until dry ingredients are evenly coated.
4. Spread mixture out onto two cookie sheets lined with parchment paper.
5. Bake at 250 for 75-90 minutes – stirring every 20 minutes.
6. Remove from oven when granola is golden brown – allow to cool. Transfer to air tight container and enjoy!
NOTE: The recipe above makes nearly 16 cups of granola. We go through this amount every 2 weeks, but recognize it is a substantial amount of granola. If you want, feel free to cut the recipe in half.