Confession. I dislocated my rib at CrossFit last week. Lifting heavy weights. Lame. Doc said could have happened doing anything, so no. I am not quitting CrossFit. No way. I love it, and although it has literally hurt to breathe for the last 5 days, I’m DYING to hit the
gym again. Next time, I’m gonna push even heavier weight overhead. Strong IS the new skinny, right? Anywhoooo…. in an effort to help around the house and allow me to “rest” (as if that’s possible as a stay-at-home mama of 2), my husband has been cooking at bit. You guys. The man’s got some tricks up his sleeve. Today he took last nights salmon and put it in an omelette with some goat cheese. SERIOUSLY? Salmon and goat cheese omelette?? Be still my heart…. well, more like my aching ribs. More on that omelette later. I scarfed it down so damn fast I have no picture to document its glory. Nor do I know how he made it. But I’ll ask him, and I’ll share it with you soon. In the meantime, I’m dreaming of drinking this again. Too bad cherries aren’t in season…. BUT, until next June when we start seeing those amazing Washington cherries again, I’ll be drinking this without the cherries. Trust me. This Whiskey Sour is amazing! Thanks to Evan’s husband Justin for creating this drink!
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 shots of bourbon / whiskey (I like Pendleton, Evan + Justin favor the Wild Turkey)
- 2 tablespoons of 100% pure maple syrup
- 5 fresh cherries
1. In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, mix lemon, bourbon, and syrup.
2. Shake. Pour. Drink. Repeat.
3. If you can get your hands on some cherries, smash em up and add to the cocktail shaker. Pour. Drink. Repeat.