This is a go-to weeknight dinner recipe. It can easily be adapted, other veggies would work great, other spices would work great – you get the idea! My 11 month-old just ate her weight in this tonight. I have the floor to prove it.
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa, rinsed and drained
- Broccoli (I just use what I have. Tonight I happened to have 2 small heads, so I chopped them into floret size pieces, and steamed until tender.)
- Good pinch of salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese, more for sprinkling
- Optional toppings- crushed red pepper, bread crumbs, salsa, hot sauce, sour cream, scallions
1. Lightly saute (or steam) any veggies of your choice. Rinse quinoa and cook to packaged instructions until fully cooked. About 15 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 350 F. Coat 13×9 inch dish with olive oil or butter. Whisk together eggs and milk in large bowl. Fold in quinoa mixture, veggies, and cheese. Stir to combine, and let some of the cheese melt.
3. Transfer to prepared baking dish and if using bread crumbs add now and bake 30-35 minutes, until bread crumbs are browned. Add other toppings and serve.
*Use organic ingredients whenever possible.