Ok, so. These cookies are good, but not super sweet. My husband and kids really like them, but we haven’t had a sugar-filled cookie in almost a year. I’m pretty sure that our taste has changed, and thankfully, things that aren’t very sweet taste amazing. That being said, if you are looking for a treat full of good, healthy stuff, this is a great option. They are SUPER easy to make, and you could easily spice them up with various ingredients. Chocolate, more syrup, etc. I feel like I keep saying this, but for me, treats I feel good about giving my kids are the best. Hope you enjoy!
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup 100% pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (make sure the only ingredients are peanuts and salt…)
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal (ground flax)
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour (ground oats)
1. Mix syrup, peanut butter, and milk until combined.
2. Add flaxseed meal and mix. Allow to sit for a couple of minutes.
3. Stir in oat flour.
4. Roll into balls, and press with a fork to flatten.
5. Bake on parchment lined cookie sheet in 350 oven for 10 minutes, or until golden brown. Makes 10-14 cookies depending on size.