This is a great, super easy snack…. It’s filled with good stuff, doesn’t require any baking, and is good for the kids and adults. I usually make a batch or so a week and keep them in the refrigerator to grab when we are on the go or trying to get out the door in a hurry. This
recipe is really flexible and you could easily change it up…. different nuts, dried fruit, more chocolate, etc….
- 1 cup old-fashioned organic oats
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes (toasted)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup flax seed meal
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chunks
1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, and chill for 20 minutes. This allows the mixture to set a little bit so that it is easier to roll into balls.
2. Remove from refrigerator, and roll into balls, approximately 1″ round. These keep for approximately one week in air tight container in the refrigerator.